Friday, February 13, 2015

Chocolate Covered Strawberries & Peanut Butter Bananas




Let's be real; there isn't anyone in the world that doesn't like chocolate covered strawberries or fruit dipped in chocolate sauce. There also isn't anyone in the world that loves all the calories and junk that comes along with it; that's why I decided to make a healthier version of this yummy treat that you can share with your significant other, best friend, family members, or yourself this valentines day!

Valentines Day is no longer known as just the day of love, but the day of gorging in loads of chocolate, Since I don't want anyone of you to miss out on all the fun, but don't want you to go too crazy and fall off the healthy wagon, I thought this recipe would be absolutely perfect to share with you all! And I promise you, it takes even less time to make these than it does to stand in line at a chocolate store  right before valentines day.






Chocolate Dipping Sauce

  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tsps cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup almond milk (or more, depending on how "milky" you like it)
  • 1 tbsp agave (more or less depending on personal preferance)
First, warm up the coconut oil in a pan. Then, add in the cacao powder and slowly add in the rest of the ingredients. 

I kind of just play around with this recipe- I keep adding more ingredients as I go until I receive the amount of chocolate I want and until the taste is exactly to my liking. When it comes to chocolate, everyone has a personal preference, and that's why I recommend starting with this recipe and adding/subtracting as you go. If you want a chocolate sauce that is completely dark, you can commit the almond milk and use water instead. 

When you finally get the exact amount of chocolate sauce and the perfect taste, you can either use it as a dipping sauce with fresh fruit and eat it on the spot or dip it in strawberries and freeze them. I like to use half to dip in strawberries, and the other half to mix with peanut butter and dip in bananas and freeze. You can also top the strawberries, peanut butter bananas, or any fruit you choose to use with shredded coconut, nuts, cacao nibs, or sprinkles- be creative! 



Enjoy and let me know how you like them! Happy day of love and chocolate <3
xxx
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment