Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lemony Coconut Protein Balls


I don't like using the word "never" when it comes to food, but for some products the word "never" is necessary. One of the things I would NEVER eat anymore is store bought "protein bars". They are usually just filled with artificial ingredients, tons of sugar, sometimes too much protein (which can be a bad thing), and usually unnecessary dairy products. Plus, they usually don't even taste that great! So I decided to make my own protein balls this weekend, and they came out too perfect that I simply had to share them will you all. They are the perfect on the go snack or the perfect topping to a smoothie bowl- yum!

Lemony Coconut Protein Balls

  • 3/4 cup raw cashews
  • 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
  • 2 tbsps shredded coconut
  • 2 scoops french vanilla protein powder of choice (I use vegaone, which is completely plant based)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 tsps lemon juice
  • 1 tsp shredded lemon peel
  • 1-2 tbsp stevia
Blend all ingredients together in blender or food processor, mold into little balls and enjoy! Makes about 6-8 balls


xxx
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment