Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Veggie Spring Rolls&Homemade Peanut Dipping Sauce



I am absolutely obsessed with Sushi and probably always will be! Sometimes, however, when I'm feeling like something even lighter, I always go for veggie spring rolls. I usually get them from Whole Foods when I'm on the run, but last week I felt like making my own and they turned out to be amazing and super easy to make!

There are so many different versions of veggie rolls, and there are so many options when it comes to stuffing them, which is why I love them so much. Here's a simple recipe for the ones I made last week, with a side of my homemade peanut dipping sauce..Enjoy!




Veggie Spring Rolls:

  • 6 rice paper sheets ( I purchased mine at Whole Foods)
  • 1 shredded cucumber
  • 1 shredded carrot
  • 1/2 sliced avo

Simply dip a rice paper sheet in warm water, lay it out on a flat surface, stuff the middle with carrot, cucumber and avo mixture, roll up, and devour!

Homemade Peanut Dipping Sauce:
  • 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp water (or more if desired)
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 minced garlic clove
  • shredded ginger (as much/as little as desired)
  • Optional- a touch of cayenne, chili pepper, or sriracha to spice it up
First, mix peanut butter with water. Then add the rest of the ingredients, mix them all up, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment