Wednesday, December 3, 2014

No Bake Chewy Date, Coconut + Fig Bars

So I am pretty much obsessed with dried figs and dates. I probably have either or both every single day... I probably got my obsession from my mom, who also shares the same love for dried dates and figs. I wanted to surprise her the other day and make a delicious desert/snack that both her and I would love, so I came up with these no bake chewy date, coconut + fig bars. (My mom is also completely obsessed with coconut, so I decided to use all of her favorite things and make something she would adore).

These bars are perfect warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds and topped with coconut yogurt, coconut whipped cream, or non-dairy/dairy ice cream. They are also good straight out of the fridge as a quick snack on the go! They are also dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan, raw, and pretty much as healthy as it gets! Warning: They are pretty addicting...

Ingredients:

Crust

  • 1 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 10 medjool dates
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1.5 cup whole raw pecans
Filling
  • 12 medjool dates
  • 12 figs
  • 1/2 cup water
Topping(Optional) 
  • a bunch of shredded coconut!
Instructions


First, line a square pan with parchment paper. In a food processor, mix oats, salt & pecans. Add in dates and oil and process until crumbly. Pour 1/2 of the mixture on the parchment paper and press firmly into the pan. 

Mix dates, figs, and water in food processor until a thick paste forms. Pour mixture onto the first layer in the pan, then pour the other 1/2 of the crust on top. Sprinkle with shredded coconut if desired and put in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. Remove, cut into squares, and enjoy!

xxx
Rachel






No comments:

Post a Comment