Monday, December 8, 2014

The Healthiest & Most Delicious Green Salad Ever




So I know most people aren't obsessed with eating greens like I am, and it's hard to find ways for people to get in their daily serving of greens. Most people aren't into eating raw celery with their lunch like I am, and I totally get it; it can be pretty boring. That's why I decided to make a green salad that would not only be out of this world nutritious, but out of this world DELICIOUS!




I made this salad for the first time on Thanksgiving, and brought it to my aunts house; me and my mom basically went crazy over it and have been eating it every week since. The dressing and pecan Parmesan are so delicious in here that you will hardly taste the greens. In fact, this dressing is so amazing that I've been using it in pretty much every salad since..I recommend making a bigger serving of this dressing and saving it in the fridge for all your other salads throughout the week!




 Ingredients

Salad-

  • 2 cups thinly sliced raw kale
  • 1/2 cup raw broccoli chopped into tiny pieces
  • 1/2 cup shredded brussels sprouts
  • 1/2 sliced avocado
  • handful baby heirloom tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup cranberries
  • 1/4 cup pecan parmesan (I got this recipe from www.ohsheglows.com) (You can always just use chopped pecans instead!)
Dressing-
  • 2 tbsps tahini mixed with 4 tbsps water
  • 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 crushed garlic clove
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • touch of agave or honey (optional)
Toss salad with the dressing, mix together, and enjoy!




xxx
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment