Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Minty Chocolate Chip Smoothie Bowl



Mint Chip has always been my favorite ice cream flavor, and ever since transitioning into a healthier lifestyle, I've been trying to make a healthy alternative to my old time favorite desert. I've tried to make mint chip smoothies COUNTLESS times using all natural ingredients, but every time I've found myself spitting it out in the sink from disgust! Truthfully, I almost gave up on making the perfect mint chip smoothie, until one day my boyfriend asked me to and I decided to give it one last shot.

And let me just say...I AM SO GLAD I DID! This smoothie is now on my go-to list for breakfast, and is absolutely fabulous. It's perfectly creamy and sweet with just a hint of refreshing mint that isn't too overbearing (you can adjust this if you like it extra minty). I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Mint Chip Smoothie 

  • 1 1/2 large bananas
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • 1/2 packet stevia
  • 1/4 cup rice milk (or any non-dairy milk)
  • about 5 fresh mint leaves (I recommend adding them in one by one until you achieve the perfect flavor)
  • about two handfuls crushed ice 
Recommended toppings: dark chocolate chips, carob chips, fresh berries, granola

Enjoy lovelies
xxx
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment