Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Honey Turmeric Latte


Ever since I've learned about the benefits of turmeric, I literally sprinkle it on EVERYTHING! I sprinkle it on my salads, grains, potatoes, soups, roasted veggies, beans, tempeh, tofu, guacamole...seriously almost everything.



First of all, turmeric helps with inflammation and is a natural anti-inflammatory- this is perfect for people who train and lift weights, since it helps reduce the inflammation of muscles after a workout. It's also perfect for someone who has a sore throat or a tummy ache-I always drink this turmeric latte when I have either one!



Turmeric also has antioxidant effects and can help protect against several types of cancers. As if that wasn't enough, it also helps naturally treat skin problems and can help you achieve that natural "glow". It has a very mild flavor, which is why it can be sprinkled on almost everything- pretty amazing if you ask me!



Since not everyone wants to sprinkle turmeric on almost all of their meals, I thought I'd share with you all one of my favorite recipes- my turmeric latte. This is the perfect coffee or tea replacement and can be enjoyed at any time of the day- it's my favorite way to reap the benefits of turmeric, and I hope you all enjoy it too!




Honey Turmeric Latte
  • 1 heaping tbsp Turmeric powder
  • 1 tsp honey (can add in some stevia or more honey if needed)
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 3/4 cup warm foamed almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
  • sprinkle (or few) of cinnamon
First mix the turmeric with hot water until it blends in perfectly. Then, top with milk and stir in the honey. Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir some more- enjoy!








Let me know what you think in the comments below,
xxx
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment