Thursday, August 7, 2014

Papaya Breakfast Boat + Hempseed Granola


 One of my favorite fruits of all time is Papaya, so it isn't a surprise that I came up with one of my favorite breakfast creations ever- Papaya Breakfast Boat! This meal is so light, nutritious, delicious, and low in calories. Most importantly, it takes five minutes to make, so it's perfect for those mornings when you're in a rush and don't have time too much time to spend on making breakfast.


The recipe for this Papaya Breakfast Boat is simple- cut your papaya in half (I use Hawaiian papayas for this recipe since they are the perfect size), scoop out all the seeds, fill with vanilla coconut yogurt ( I get mine from Trader Joes), and top with granola, berries, sliced banana, and cinnamon. The best part about this recipe is that you can make it your own- you can use any type of yogurt you'd like, any type of granola, nuts, and seeds you'd like and any type of additional fruit! You can even top it with a scoop of your favorite nut butter, honey, or your favorite super food (chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, etc.) Pretty much anything goes with this basic recipe- seriously!

I do eat store bought granola occasionally, but I prefer to make my own at home, since it has a LOT less fat, sugar, and unnecessary ingredients.  I have so many different recipes for homemade granola, and usually make a new batch every week or two, but my absolute favorite granola to eat with my Papaya Breakfast Boat is my hemp seed granola.



This granola literally takes two minutes to put together, and 10-15 minutes to bake in the oven. It's simple to make, SO tasty, and packed with healthy fats and super foods. Beware- it is SUPER addicting!

Homemade Hemp seed Granola

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (can use gluten free oats)
  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tsps hemp seeds
  • 3 tsps vegan chocolate chips/carob chips/dark chocolate chips
  • 2 tbsps agave
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon (as much as desired)
  • Touch of sea salt
First, set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, mix all above ingredients together (I use my hands to do this), put on baking tray covered with a baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Last but not least, enjoy and devour!





No comments:

Post a Comment