Monday, August 4, 2014

Healthy Fries with Homemade Ketchup

The thing I love most about a healthy lifestyle is that I NEVER have to give up my favorite foods- there is always a healthy alternative to any type of junk food you can think of, and most of the time it tastes better and makes you feel WAY better after eating it.

I've always LOVED fries (I mean, who doesn't?) but I hardly ever ate them because I was afraid of gaining weight and feeling shitty after eating them. I also love ketchup, and never really realized until recently how bad store bought ketchup is for you! Ever since I came up with this delicious and nutritious recipe for homemade fries and ketchup, I usually eat them at LEAST once a week; it tastes better than the fries you'd get at ANY restaurant or fast-food chain, and best of all, you can eat it and enjoy it without feeling guilty!





Recipe:

Fries

  • 4 small potatoes (any kind)
  • 1 big sweet potato
  • Himalayan salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • nutritional yeast
  • cayenne pepper
  • paprika
  • turmeric
  • 1 tbsp avocado oil 

Cut potatoes into thick slices and lay out on baking dish. Drizzle with avocado oil, and top with spices and nutritional yeast (as much as you'd like based on taste preference-I never measure spices). Bake in oven on 400 degrees for 30 minutes (or until soft on the inside but crispy on the outside).

Homemade Ketchup

  • 3 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp agave
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy with fries!




No comments:

Post a Comment