Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Perfect Chocolate Frappucino




I know what you're thinking- "I thought this was a health blog, why are you giving me a recipe for a frappucino, let alone a CHOCOLATE one?" Well guess what? This chocolate frappucino is 100% healthy, 100% raw, 100% ALL natural, 100% vegan, 100% gluten free, and 100% delicious!

My whole life until about a year ago, I had a scary obsession with ice blended coffee drinks and Starbucks Frappucinos. Little did I know that each one of those drinks were full of sugar, fat, artificial ingredients, and just plain junk.

About a few months ago, I came up with a recipe for a healthy chocolate milk drink that I would always make for my boyfriend and I. It was always yummy, but I never quite perfected the recipe; I would never measure how much milk I was using or how much cacao powder, and therefore, it sometimes came out too sweet, too chocolaty, or not sweet enough.

Today I came back from the gym and was craving something cold and chocolaty, but not as thick as a smoothie. I decided to make my homemade chocolate milk, but added a little twist to it. To my surprise, it happened to be the most delicious chocolate drink I've ever made and ever tasted, and I'm so excited about it I just have to share it with you all!


Recipe

  • 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 stevia packets
  • 2 tsps cacao powder
  • 1 tsp maca powder
  • handful crushed ice
  • cinnamon (I just pour in a bunch)
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy! 

Yes it really is that simple!!! 

 I like to have this drink with a bowl of fruit and some raw granola, but you can enjoy it with pretty much everything, anytime of the day. You can even add in a shot of espresso for an extra boost or a tbsp of protein powder for some protein.



Let me know what you think in the comments!
xxx
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment